Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Caitlin's Major/Minor Accident? Not!

Have you ever had days when things that go wrong are different than what your panicked self leads you to believe? I had one of those days today. Caitlin was in the kitchen while I worked on dinner. I thought I had all the knives and anything else that she could hurt herself with, out of her reach. I walked into the living room for 10 seconds, she was at the sink playing with the water. She started crying like she had hurt herself, so I walked back into the kitchen to assess the problem and saw what I thought at first was blood on her face, hands, and clothes. I carried her into the bathroom to locate the wound, because already having three other children I have learned that even very small head wounds bleed a lot. I started wiping what I thought was blood off of her and found out that it was koolaid. Relief flooded through me. If I had followed my panicked self, I would have call 911 for nothing, thanks to a cool head and quick thinking it wasn't an emergency. The clothes might be a loss, but Caitlin is great. We couldn't get all of the koolaid out of her hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment