Monday, July 27, 2009

Brown Family Reunion

We have a Brown family reunion every year but this is the first year in a long time that I went with my family. I have only been one other time since my mom passed away and that was when I was almost 8 years old. Do you know how hard it is when the only people you know are the ones that have passed away or have gotten older and you don't recognize them? It's very hard. My son Brennan walked over to the pavillion and came back to tell me he didn't think this was the right place. He didn't recognize anyone. I walked over and it was the right place. I don't think my kids have ever met any of my mom's family, except for Aunt Bessie and Aunt Bernice.

It was a lot of fun I didn't remember any of the cousins, I barely remembered any of my aunts and uncles (of the ones that were there and most of them I had to be reintroduced to) All except Aunt Bessie, she knew who I was and I knew her.

Left to right: Ralph and Roxann Groff, Aunt Bessie, Nikki, Brennan, In front Caitlin and Dalton and in the back Uncle Bob.
Apparently most of my family doesn't go. Out of all of the family Deb and her children, Ernie and His wife and daughter , Ellie and her two kids and Jeanie, Roxann and Ralph, me and three of my four children came. It'll be fun to go next year and get to know and remember everyone. Aunt Sarah and Aunt Bessie said they'll keep coming until they can't anymore.


Deb and Jeanie

My son Dalton


Ernie, Shaylee, Colby and


Tenley

Reunions are so much more than just get togethers. Since my mom passed away it is the only connection I have with any of my moms family. You never know what you've lost until it isn't there anymore. Unfortunetly some of my aunts and uncles passed away before I got to know them. Family is so important and unfortunately my family isn't that close. It just kind of gets put on the back burner.

Left to right: Aunt Delores, Aunt Bessie, Uncle Bob, and Aunt Sarah


I understand that they have a hard time keeping up with us. They actually sent my invitation to my old address and got it back. They don't know where to send it. It's sad that I didn't do my part to let them know where I was at. Of course, I didn't know who to tell. My sister Deb knew where I was, so if they had asked her she could have told them. Oh well, were on the right track now. Even though I did tell them we probably won't be at the same address for the next one, but they can still get ahold of me through e-mail.


It's hard to live in one spot for very long. This next move will probably be our last. I can hope can't I. Some days more than others. You never know, in the world the way it is today, exactly where you'll end up.

No comments:

Post a Comment