Sunday, April 25, 2010

WHERE'S THE GOAL?

I'm baffled. I think one of my players has decided that's it's more fun to kick the ball into the other teams goal, hence helping the other team win. I think the score was 6-4 in favor of the other team. Of the six goals scored only 4 were actually kicked by the other team. I kept telling this child to stop the ball and turn it around. He kicks the ball hard but can't control it. OH boy!

I asked the other coach if he ever wondered what they were thinking, he said that he thinks they're just thinking: follow the ball, follow the ball! It's funny, but sad for the rest of the team, it was a blow to lose because one of their own team mates can't control the ball and is very relaxed about coming to practice. It's not fair to the others that are working so hard.

This week is going to be a better week. It has to be. Bumble ball and all. They definitely look like a hive of bees fighting over the same flower. It's sad. I hope it does improve.

2 comments:

  1. Don't get so caught up in the score. Make it your goal to make sure that everyone is having fun. These kids are 5 and 6 years old, just make sure they are having fun, what else really matters at this age?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are having fun. I know that and I don't push the score, most of the time I don't even know what the score is at the end of the game. I was just a little upset that this child didn't listen to me when I asked him twice to kick the ball the other way. We are working on that, in a fun way, at practice. I try not to be too tough on them because they are only 5 and 6. It's just a little different coaching U6 as opposed to coaching U12, that's all.

    ReplyDelete