Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Breast Cancer the saga continues!

Lumpectomy done and I'm healing up.  Finally able to perform more daily functions; laundry, cooking, driving, typing, writing, all the things you don't know you'll miss until you can't do them for yourself, for a span of time. After the first 24 hours they tasked me to get my arm moving again.  It's been fun, but now I finally do most of the things I used to do, I just can't do it for the duration I was doing it before.  I'll get there eventually.

Stage 1 breast cancer, our next step in our journey is meeting with oncologist.  We get to do that next Tuesday, to discuss our steps from this point on.  I'm not sure exactly how I feel about everything yet.  Just trying to get through the pain I've dwelt with for the past 11 day.  It is getting so much better.  Still not as bad as a c-section, I know I've had four of them.

I'm so grateful for my family standing by me and helping me. I have so many friends that are like family to me as well. I'm so grateful for the prayers that have been said on my behalf and all the support that has been shown to me and my family.  Thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment