Monday, March 2, 2015

What Path to Take?

Our 1st meeting with the medical oncologist and  the radiation oncologist in Logan didn't go so well.  Matter of fact it left us wondering what to do.  We did the next best thing and decided to go for a second opinion.  Regardless that our options may not change, it is a peace of mind decision.

The medical oncologist just seemed brazen and calculated, I might even think he wasn't human.  I know they tell people these same things every day, but they still need to at least act like people matter.  He acted like it shouldn't be a huge shock for us.  I think the prospect of doing Chemo has been the hardest reality for me.  I wasn't ready to accept it.  I don't know that the medical oncologist is a bad person, he just needs a better bed side manner.  I don't feel that I could trust him to make decisions that would be beneficial to me.  As a matter of fact, some of the people that I associate with that have been to him told me not to go to him, after I had already questioned if I could trust him.   Kinda of makes me feel a little better about my negative vibs.  I just thought it was me but Jim isn't comfortable with him either, which is why we decided to get a second opinion.  It's my life we are playing with and I want to make sure I feel comfortable putting my life in their hands.

Monday March 2, 2015 we go to visit the radiation oncologist and Medical oncologist at the Huntsman in SLC!  We'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment