Friday, March 13, 2009

Granparents and Kids

Before Jim's dad passed away we decided we needed to get pictures with all the living Grandparents and our children. I'm glad we did it because these are the last pictures we got to take of Jim's dad with our kids.




I think it's so important to me because, my natural mom's parents passed away long before I was born so all I have is pictures of them. I want my two youngest children who will probably not remember our parents very well to ask questions and learn about their grandparents.
I know that as a child. I wanted to know my grandparents. I wanted to know what they were like, what they did for a living and their likes and dislikes. There weren't a lot of people who knew them. My aunts and uncles knew them. My mom passed away when I was really young so I didn't even know her very well. So I've had to learn about her and my grandparents from my siblings and my aunts and uncles.
Jim's dad's parents died when he was five and he doesn't remember them very well. Any information that I've been able to get I've gotten from Jim's dad or brothers and sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment